Founded in 1947, Defenders of Wildlife is a national leader in science-based, results-oriented wildlife conservation. We stand out in our commitment to saving imperiled wildlife and championing the Endangered Species Act, the landmark law that protects them.
Mission: Defenders is a national, nonprofit membership organization dedicated to the protection of all native animals and plants in their natural communities.
We encourage healthy debate and open discussion, but insist that it remain civil and respectful. If you actively participate in discussions on this blog you agree to follow our community guidelines.
We reserve the right to remove comments that contain any of the following:
- Derogatory, inappropriate, offensive or violent language
- “Trolling” (posting deliberately disruptive statements meant to hijack comment threads or throw discussions off-track)
- Personal attacks, harassment and/or threats of violence
- Hateful or discriminatory comments regarding race, ethnicity, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation or political beliefs
- Violations of copyright or intellectual property rights
- Promotion of products, pages, services, or brands
- Reposting the same content multiple times and/or across multiple comment threads