Great news! The American Express Members Project has selected Defenders of Wildlife as a candidate to receive $200,000 in funding—if we get the most votes in our category.
By voting for Defenders, you can help us fight to:
- Save America’s wolves from extremists who want to see these magnificent animals gone from the Northern Rockies forever.
- Prevent Big Oil from drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge—vital habitat for our beloved polar bears.
- Protect endangered sea turtles from pollution, dangerous fishing practices and other threats.
And so much more! $200,000 will go a long way to help save our wildlife and wild places. And all YOU need to do is vote!
Your vote will help us fight to save imperiled wolves, polar bears, sea turtles and more. Please vote today!
How to Vote for Defenders
The current round of voting begins today and runs through midnight on Sunday, February 20, 2011. You can vote once a week throughout the voting period. Here’s how to get started:
- Go to the Defenders Members Project page at www.defenders.org/membersproject.
- Scroll down to the Vote section in the lower left corner of the page. The Members Project is a partnership between American Express and TakePart, so you need to be a member of TakePart to vote. First, click the Sign Up And Vote button. NOTE: If you’re already registered and logged in with TakePart, the button will say Vote For This Charity and clicking it will take you to the final step below.
- Click the Register to Vote button.
- A form will pop up. Fill out all the required fields and make sure you check the boxes to accept the terms for both TakePart and Members Project. NOTE: You can use your full name as your username, including a space, if you want.
- Once you’re registered, scroll down the page and click the Defenders logo. A little box will pop up.
- Click the Vote button in the popup. You’ll be prompted to confirm your choice.
That’s it! Thanks for voting for Defenders of Wildlife. And check out this video featuring many of the imperiled species $200,000 will help us protect!